Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
: Episode 606 – Anna Vocino and Vinnie Tortorich host this Monday edition of the Celebrity Fitness Trainer podcast, where the two discuss different zones of training and why Vinnie believes that training in Zone Two is the most beneficial for many.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
AMAZON WINNER OF THE WEEK
- Listener Suzanne
- Pulled-pork shredder claws and probiotics
- She will receive a free shirt!
- If you buy through the banner on our website, e-mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let know what you bought and you can win free NSNG stuff!
- We LOVE our Superfans! We really appreciate you helping us out so we can keep this show running
ZONE TWO & OTHER TYPES OF TRAINING
- Great place for athletes and those just trying to get in shape alike
- Allows you to eat calories healthily and get in shape/train properly
- Check out Phil Maffetone and his book
- Take your age from 180 – your age
- Then if you are fit, add a few and vice versa
- Zone Two doesn’t initially make you feel like you are doing much, but it is about volume
- You find you can do much more
- Build up connective tissue, mitochondria, makes your aerobic center very strong
- It is crazy to be in Zone Three/Four all the time, just maxes you out and doesn’t BUILD
- Good sometimes, just not all the time
- Once you get comfortable in Zone Two, you can introduce some HIIT
- Get in your red zone one minute a couple times (Interval Training)
- Serena did 1 mile intervals during her 82 mile race
- Zone Two also generally does not require extra sugar trickle
- Body can use fat better and more efficiently
- If you are starting out, stay in Zone Two for 3-4 months before trying Zones 3 and 4