Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
On today’s episode of the Angriest Trainer podcast, Vinnie Tortorich answers listener questions from Megan Meek (20) concerning consumption of dairy and eating raw and still nutritiously.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- Megan works in a piercing salon
- She does not recommend gauges
- Vinnie thinks that someone without gauges would get easily hired over someone with gauges (who makes bad decision)
- Vinnie will discriminate
- The nonconformist would be the one without piercings and tattoos
WHICH FOODS SHOULD BE EATEN RAW (vegan) FOR THE BEST NUTRITIONAL VALUE?
- Vinnie thinks raw food diet is fine however it can be dangerous (low blood sugar)
- Definitely a correct way to do it — must be constantly eating to get enough
- Light steam on veggies is not a bad idea for nutrition & consumption
- Meat should be cooked for best nutritional value
WHAT ABOUT DAIRY?
- Megan is a sugar addict — when she adds generous amounts (1/4 cup) of heavy cream to coffee (1 or 2 cups), she doesn’t crave sugar or get that hungry
- How much cream is too much cream?
- Vinnie doesn’t see an issue with this
- If this is keeping Megan away from sugar and other issues, it’s ok
- Try lessening amount slightly, but if not it isn’t the end of the world