Welcome to the Saturday edition of the show. Today’s listener question comes from Mark Lofquist of Boulder, Colorado. Mark is an engineer and is also an ultra-runner. He has a 100K coming up next week and has a question for Vinnie.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR
RACING SEASON IS COMING UP. WITH FAMILY, WORK AND SCHOOL, HOW DO YOU FIT IN YOUR TRAINING?
- Chris Kostman, who runs the Badwater135 and the Furnace Creek 508 says that everyone has a different program.
- But that all ultra athletes agree that you must focus on organization and time
- It sometimes helps to cut down on the number of events and keep them closer to home
- Gives you more training time
YOU WANT TO GET SORE FOR THE NEXT DAY
- Have to do a hard workout
- Want to feel soreness
- Have to get into the pattern of going long on Saturday
- Get your body so it can continue even when tired