Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Welcome to the Saturday edition of the show. Today’s listener question comes from Mark Lofquist of Boulder, Colorado. Mark is an engineer and is also an ultra-runner. He has a 100K coming up next week and has a question for Vinnie.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR
RACING SEASON IS COMING UP. WITH FAMILY, WORK AND SCHOOL, HOW DO YOU FIT IN YOUR TRAINING?
- Chris Kostman, who runs the Badwater135 and the Furnace Creek 508 says that everyone has a different program.
- But that all ultra athletes agree that you must focus on organization and time
- It sometimes helps to cut down on the number of events and keep them closer to home
- Gives you more training time
YOU WANT TO GET SORE FOR THE NEXT DAY
- Have to do a hard workout
- Want to feel soreness
- Have to get into the pattern of going long on Saturday
- Get your body so it can continue even when tired