Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Welcome to our Monday episode with Vinnie and Anna interviewing Donal O’Neill regarding his film documentaries, “Cereal Killers” and “Cereal Killers 2“. They also ask listeners to get out and vote for The Angriest Trainer Podcast which has been nominated for Podcast of the year in the Health and Fitness category. You can vote once a day until March 24. Go to PodcastAwards.com and you can use your same email address everyday. Also, if you are enjoying Anna’s recipes on GlutenFreeAnna.com, please go to the blog and post your comment…it help bump up ratings.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- Donal produced the film documentaries: Cereal Killers, which follows Donal who tries to avoid walking in his father’s footsteps of heart disease by becoming fat adapted, and Cereal Killers2, which follows ultra athlete, Sami Inkinen and his wife, Meredith, cross the Pacific Ocean in a rowboat on a ketogenic and fat-adapted diet.
- Having never rowed before, Sam and Meredith rowed from San Francisco to Hawaii in 56 days doing the equivalent of 2 marathons per day
- They were both fat-adapted and after this huge undertaking, they had no breakdown in body
- They had no inflammation at all
DR. STEVE PHINNEY
- Dr. Phinney has been advocating fat as fuel for 30+ years
- He is the father of low carb and high fat for athletes
- His findings support no need for sugar or grains for fuel
- Intermittent power athletes who are fat adapted show positive results
WHY SUGARY SPORTS DRINKS STILL PROMOTED AS FUEL
- Lots of businesses do not want this information out there
- They have major financial support and momentum behind them
- However, the information of low carb/high fat fuel is getting out there
- Already is being seen in the ultra-running community