Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Episode 1877 – On this Saturday show, Jason Irwin and his son Kyle join Vinnie to talk their family’s story, fitness and nutrition for kids, protein powders, vitamins and supplements, strength training, and more.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- They found Vinnie through the Carolla show.
- Once the family watched the Fat Docs, they were all in.
- While they’ve fallen off the wagon a few times, Kyle, their son, sticks to it the most.
- He’s a high school athlete.
- He plays football and soccer.
FITNESS AND NUTRITION FOR KIDS
- The school advises the kids that they can have candy and soda so long as they’re active 30-60 minutes a day.
- This simply isn’t true.
- You can’t outrun a bad diet.
- Is a candy bar a bad diet? Probably not, but kids shouldn’t have these every day.
- Kids can get away with these things, but they’re setting themselves up for failure.
- Jason has had dietitians yell at him, saying Kyle is at risk of ketoacidosis (which is not true).
- If your kids want a hamburger after the game, let them!
- But encourage healthy eating and a healthy relationship with food the rest of the time.
- Vinnie wouldn’t suggest candy bars or chips for athletes who want to be in good shape or more successful.
- Kids don’t need to be in ketosis, but give them lots of red meat!
- Pork and fish are also up there, or other wild meats.
- Don’t forget eggs.
- Protein is great for kids.
- Vinnie would rather teens eat eggs than protein powders.
- Some whey proteins can be good after a workout or before a game. But get the unflavored kinds!
- Vinnie wouldn’t introduce kids to weights before they were 12.
- Weight-bearing exercises might be okay.
- But DO NOT overwork your kids.
- Kids shouldn’t need Tommy John surgeries in highschool!
- Keep reps high (and therefore weight lighter).
- Kyle is 14, so Vinnie would be comfortable with him doing some limited weight training.
FAT DOC 2 IS AVAILABLE ON iTUNES and AMAZON
- Please also share it with family and friends!
- Buy it and watch it now on iTunes to get it to the top of the charts.
PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO REVIEW the film AFTER YOU WATCH!
FAT DOC 1 IS ALSO OUT
- Go watch it now!
- We need people to buy and review for it to stay at the top of iTunes pages.
- Available for both rental and purchase.
- Here is the link to the iTunes page
- Go watch it now!