Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.: Episode 1293 – Gina Grad joins Vinnie for this Sunday School episode, and the two talk worthless carbo loading, ultra-athletes, Italian and Southern foods, and more.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- You do not need to carbo load for races
- It’s like cramming before a test – doesn’t work
- People sometimes taper off the week before, then eat absolute trash right before a race!
- This will often make you feel worse!
- You can’t ‘supersoak’ yourself full of carbs
- You’ll only increase inflammation, hurt your stomach, sleep badly, etc.
- Zach Bitters holds world records and does not eat carbs
- Lots of ultra-athletes are super low carb, even right before a race
- Don’t eat bananas morning of
- Have an avocado instead
- There’s a difference between something that is fattening and something that is full of fat