Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.: Episode 1076 – Actress and athlete Katy Sullivan joins Vinnie this Friday for the first time in a long time, and the two talk her disability and career as a Paralympic track runner, her NSNG lifestyle change, her current workout schedule, acting award nominations, and more!
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- Katy is amazing
- She’s been on the show back in the old days
- Buy old shows for just a couple bucks a month to hear her on with Anna and Vinnie!
- Katy is a bilateral above-the-knee amputee
- Actually, it is congenital
- A US Paralympic athlete, Katy is an amazing runner
- Ran in a few track events and did incredibly well
- Had a couple pounds to lose to improve her performance
- She was already exercising so much (multiple times a day) — instructed to eat incorrectly by a nutritionist
- After London, she retired and was not exercising NEARLY as much as she was
- It was just a lifestyle change that truly helped her succeed
- NSNG was the answer
- The weight she needed to lose before came RIGHT off, despite the lack of exercise
- Dropping carbs felt effortless, and so Katy reached out and found Vinnie
- Now, Katy primarily swims for exercise
- She pounded down her body when training for the paralympics
- The impact was tough on her back, so swimming is low impact and great!
- Also a big hand-cycler and into body weight resistance
- Katy will be in the Fat Doc to share her story