Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
: Episode 548 – Vinnie Tortorich and Andy Schrieber discuss how the gym has changed over time on this Wednesday edition of the Celebrity Trainer Podcast. Brought to you by our sponsors, Pure Vitamin Club, Villa Cappelli, and Squatty Potty.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR
- Gyms used to have names like “Vinnie’s Gym”
- Gyms were often separated by gender
- Women had a few hours they would work out
- Men had the rest
- Gyms used to be like very large work out rooms with few machines and steam rooms and pools etc., separate section for men and women
- Rudimentary squat rack, punching bag, rope, pull up devices
- Vinnie still marvels at all that gyms like 24 hour Fitness have
- By and large, a lot of trainers at gyms are not the best trainers
- Crazy stuff at new gyms, elliptical machines that work muscles you hardly need
- People doing exercises that they don’t really need and disrupt other people in the gym
- People pushing around plyometrics boxes around for exercise when you have a million machines that do the same things better
- Concept 2 Rower — how to use a rowing machine correctly