Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Episode 1826 – On this Friday show, Anna Vocino joins Vinnie Tortorich and the two talk grain free dog food, red meat and heart health, cholesterol, statins, protein after lifting, and more, and Marie makes a guest appearance.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
GRAIN FREE DOG FOOD
- Lots of people have moved away from grain free food.
- There have been studies that suggest grain free food can cause heart problems.
- Anna’s vet told her these studies are questionable.
- They were funded by Purina.
- Her dogs have other issues with food with grain, so with her vet’s OK, she put her dogs back on grain free food.
- Vegan diets for animals are, in Vinnie’s view, animal abuse.
- Dogs don’t get to make the choice like people.
- Unlike humans, who are omnivores, dogs are carnivores.
RED MEAT AND HEART HEALTH
- Vinnie has red meat every day.
- He has lots of saturated fats.
- Red meat will not give you dangerously high cholesterol.
- If you’re worried about your cholesterol, get a panel and someone who really understands all the numbers to properly interpret it.
- When people start this lifestyle, their overall cholesterol may go up, but their GOOD cholesterol is what goes up and the bad cholesterol goes down.
- If you don’t eat enough cholesterol, your body will make it.
- Doctors seriously overprescribe statins.
- This is a great reason to stay on top of your bloodwork.
- There are also supplements that can promote good heart health.
- Neither Vinnie nor Anna have lots of plaque, because red meat on its own does not cause this.
FAT DOC 2 IS AVAILABLE ON iTUNES and AMAZON
- Please also share it with family and friends!
- Buy it and watch it now on iTunes to get it to the top of the charts.
PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO REVIEW the film AFTER YOU WATCH!
FAT DOC 1 IS ALSO OUT
- Go watch it now!
- We need people to buy and review for it to stay at the top of iTunes pages.
- Available for both rental and purchase.
- Here is the link to the iTunes page
- Go watch it now!