Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.: Episode 1122 – Long-time NSNG listener Karen Parrott joins Vinnie today to discuss Low Carb USA, NSNG meetups, and Karen’s great multi-year weight loss and good health journey, and how she’s saved money by losing weight.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- Karen attended the first NSNG meetup — about 30 people attended including Andy, Serena, Anna, Tallulah, and Vinnie
- She has been NSNG for a long time
- Attended Low Carb USA the past couple of years
- She’s been listening to the show for ages!
- Now, Vinnie is trying to break even for these meetups
- He charges, but you get to go get food with him, exercise with him, etc.
- Vinnie does a lot of free work as it is
KAREN’S LOW CARB JOURNEY
- She’s lost about 70 lbs
- Keeping it off is even more important than taking it off
- She was a fat kid in the 70s
- Fat on and off for about 40 years
- Aging in reverse now!
- Pre-diabetic prior to NSNG
- Karen started with WW but it didn’t work well
- She realized it was BS and called them on it, too
- Switched to paleo in part because of her thyroid issues, but was still eating too much dried fruit and nuts
- 2013/14 switched over to low carb because she had done 23+me and had high risk levels
- This podcast helps keep people’s health bills down
- Her family’s health insurance has changed and gotten cheaper!
- Spends her money on vacations instead of healthcare bills