Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
: 542 – Listener Meaghan KNS joins Vinnie Tortorich to discuss being gluten free, running, race, podcasts and the bad qualities of quinoa* today on the Celebrity Fitness Trainer podcast.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR
- She has a confusing last name!
- Her husband is from Morocco, they have beautiful children
- She went to James Madison in Virginia
- Meaghan knew Vinnie had to be on the Dr. Drew show
- She is very involved in podcasts and running
BEING GLUTEN FREE
- Meaghan went to Runner’s World Festival (4 races in three days (1/2 marathon))
- Generally, people want to “carb up” before races
- At this conference she went to they had a gluten free pasta option
- Often, Gluten-Free marked foods are quite processed
- eat REAL food, not foods that have to be marked gluten free if you can
- It is frustrating when everyone asks if she eats “Quinoa” because she is gluten free
- She said “Fuck Quinoa”
- Even Quinoa can make you inflamed
RACE & TRIATHLONS
- There is resistance to black women wanting to run/do triathlons simply because their hair can be hard to deal with and requires a lot of work
- Meaghan thinks it is healthy and good to discuss race and gender and it makes the world interesting that people are different
- Vinnie loves people of all races, genders, religions even if he rants or makes comments :)