Dr. Ron Rosedale, nutritional and metabolic expert, joins Vinnie Tortorich on this special 2-hour Friday edition of the Angriest Trainer podcast to discuss what to eat, when to eat, and how to control the big weight hormone that often allows sugar to kill us: leptin.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
WHO IS ROSEDALE?
- Founder of schools for metabolic research
- Researches diabetes, aging, leptin, insulin, one’s metabolism,
- Says a “disease is caused not by the breakdown of the part itself, but interference in the instructions to that part, a disruption in the unity of the whole”
- The Rosedale diet
- Believes NSNG is the way to go, although an apple or an occasional sweet treat will not kill you or be the cause of an issue
- Book here
LEPTIN AND DIET
- Leptin, a brain hormone, controls when you eat, how much, and how full you feel
- This hormone causes you not to burn fat as fuel
- Therefore, one has to control one’s leptin levels to help their metabolism
- Our high carb, low fat diet compared to other countries really hurts our hearts and diabetes and such