Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
On today’s Monday edition of the Angriest Trainer podcast, Vinnie and Anna discuss Vinnie’s recent trip, NSNG Recipes, and the best way to burn fat.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- Run by Chris Kostman
- This is an ultra marathon that starts in the Badwater Basin
- Vinnie and Serena crewed for a friend and fan of the show (Tony who is a lawyer)
- Tony is ripped and NSNG
- Vinnie took the first pace (17 miles uphill from below sea level to above 5,000ft)
- Had to do his arm exercises right before
- Tony was the only one without inflammation on day 2 (no sugar!!!)
- Check out Anna’s website here!
- Sign up for her newsletter (new recipes)
- Bill Rodway won a t-shirt
- He bought probiotics by Mercola
- Go buy something through Vinnie’s Amazon link and send in what you bought!
LONG SUSTAINED CARDIO VS HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING (HIIT)
- Zone 2 is the best way to burn fat
- Zones go between 1 and 5
- Zone 2 is a zone in which you can hold a conversation while exercising
- A test can tell you what you need to do to stay in zone 2
- Simpler way: take 180 – *your age* = your zone 2
- Take into account how active you are, add or subtract a few points respectively
- HIIT burns glucose (sugar) but not fat
- Good for those with epilepsy and diabetes
- Ketosis = low carb, fat adapted = high fat