On today’s Monday edition of the Angriest Trainer podcast, Vinnie and Anna discuss Vinnie’s recent trip, NSNG Recipes, and the best way to burn fat.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- Run by Chris Kostman
- This is an ultra marathon that starts in the Badwater Basin
- Vinnie and Serena crewed for a friend and fan of the show (Tony who is a lawyer)
- Tony is ripped and NSNG
- Vinnie took the first pace (17 miles uphill from below sea level to above 5,000ft)
- Had to do his arm exercises right before
- Tony was the only one without inflammation on day 2 (no sugar!!!)
- Check out Anna’s website here!
- Sign up for her newsletter (new recipes)
- Bill Rodway won a t-shirt
- He bought probiotics by Mercola
- Go buy something through Vinnie’s Amazon link and send in what you bought!
LONG SUSTAINED CARDIO VS HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING (HIIT)
- Zone 2 is the best way to burn fat
- Zones go between 1 and 5
- Zone 2 is a zone in which you can hold a conversation while exercising
- A test can tell you what you need to do to stay in zone 2
- Simpler way: take 180 – *your age* = your zone 2
- Take into account how active you are, add or subtract a few points respectively
- HIIT burns glucose (sugar) but not fat
- Good for those with epilepsy and diabetes
- Ketosis = low carb, fat adapted = high fat