Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Welcome to the Saturday edition of The Angriest Trainer with Vinnie Tortorich and Andy Schreiber. Today, Vinnie and Andy discuss the harmful nature of silica (sand).
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- People have watched our sand video on Facebook
- We are starting up a Youtube channel, so look for that in the near future!
- Vinnie did not actually eat the sand in the sand video… intentionally
- Sand is mostly silica, but silica itself is purer than sand
- Silicon dioxide — looks like crystally white sand
- Little packets you find in bottles and packages to keep contents dry that say “DO NOT INGEST” contain silica
- Confusion comes from some products marketing silica as a health supplement
- There is absolutely NO evidence it does anything beneficial, but PLENTY of evidence it is harmful
- Depletes / Blocks absorption of thiamin (B vitamin)
- Hurts digestion
NEW PRODUCT FROM PVC
- New product is currently being researched and looking to be manufactured to our standards
- Other products that are comparable actually BOAST high silica content
- Very close to releasing this new one