Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Welcome to the Saturday edition of the Angriest Trainer podcast with Vinnie Tortorich, where Vinnie answers listeners’ questions. Today, Vinnie talks to Chris Wood from Kansas, and they discuss giving up cigarette addiction and addiction in general.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR
- Vinnie used to have a tobacco habit — when he was a kid
- He saw the pros and the older kids chewing tobacco, so he tried it
- Chris had a smoking addiction
- Chris is come-and-go with the podcast, but recently has caught up
- The “how to stop smoking” podcast really resonated with him
- Prior, Chris would quit but then it would come back — the urge will always be there but it is not giving in to the urge that matters
- Chris never smoked around his daughter — always has wanted to set a good example
- He made sure he had done all of his chores, etc.
- He cleared his social calendar so he wouldn’t have to worry about that
- His fiancee was supportive
- A little bit fidgety, but no headaches or anything like that
- It is a mindset
- As soon as you smoke one cigarette, it is a slippery slope so there are no “cheat days”
- Avoid those who are doing it so that you don’t feel pressured
- Chris checks in with Vinnie every week to stay in check
- Neither Chris nor Vinnie has not experienced this, but Vinnie talks about it
- Alcoholism is a disease and can truly ruin lives
- Hard to white-knuckle — programs can save people’s lives