On today’s episode, Vinnie and Anna talk about our sponsors, the intelligent Dr. Noakes from South Africa, how exercise is not the best weight loss strategy, the best heart rate monitors to use, and Pierce Brosnan.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- One of Vinnie’s favorite songs is “Blinded by the Light”
- Manfred Mann sounds like he says “revved up like a douche”
VILLA CAPPELLI OLIVE OIL
- They have a really good podcast, check it out!
- Paul foraged 40kilos of Morel mushrooms, borage, and wild asparagus
- Best olive oil in the planet — the best to cook with!
- ‘High smoke point’ was just a marketing tactic by other oils to get people to not use olive oil
- Check out some of Anna’s recipes that use this olive oil
- 10% off just for Vinnie’s listeners with promo code
- Dispels all of his ‘haters’’ false dietary claims
- Full interview here
- Noakes is being hammered for one tweet
- Chyron is wrong
- Fat does not make your body too acidic!
- Noakes is a PhD and an MD — can give advice without consultation
- Gyms used to be named things like “Vinnie’s Gym”, “Joe’s Place”
- Now gyms are called things like Ultra Gym, we have pilates, spinning, etc.
- People still getting fatter: exercise is a poor way to lose weight
- Gyms tend to preach calorie in – calorie out theory
- Serena can run marathon lengths without any extra sugar
- Breakfast is good as long as it is heavy fat, not heavy sugar
- Obesity increase and exercise increase are directly proportional
- Dieting works better than the above, according to study
- Aerobic activity spurs want to eat, spurs sweet-teeth
- Once you become fat adapted, the craving slows down and eventually stops
- Painkillers cause constipation for many
- This pooping position putting your feet up really allows for proper defecation
- Link to get one is on right side of every page
HEART RATE MONITORS
- Fit bits tell you steps etc, but aren’t the best for this type of training
- Best (affordable) heart rate monitors are Polar, Ironman
- Simple is good
- Tallulah’s commencement speaker was Pierce Brosnan
- Vinnie would have preferred Richie Sambora
- Pierce made his speech into a political statement
- Said he was a PhD but was really only honorary
- Put on too much of a show but at least he’s beautiful
- Tallulah’s classmates will change the world