Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Episode 1886 – Chris Kostman, creator of Badwater, joins Vinnie to talk the world’s toughest footrace, Chris’s journey to ultra events, the course, and more.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- Chris is the founder, creator and host of the Badwater events.
- There hasn’t been a Badwater event since 2019!
- These events are incredibly complex, so adding anything is very difficult.
- He wants his events to have a human drama element.
- Many people who do these events overcome a LOT to do them.
- Those who participate have amazing stories (think of Mike McKnight, for example!).
- For Chris, many of the pioneers of ultra races were his heroes.
- He wanted to do what they were doing!
THE WORLD’S TOUGHEST FOOTRACE
- This weekend, the Badwater 135 is happening.
- It begins July 19.
- Runners will be taking off in the evening.
- This makes the race harder.
- People are sleep deprived and doing some of the toughest climbs during the day in the heat.
- It’s a world event.
- We’ll have 84 runners from all across the globe.
- The course starts at the lowest point in North America. The runners then traverse three major mountain climbs, and end up at the Mount Whitney portal.
- We have a 100 degree temperature range during this race.
- The limit is 48 hours.
- Crews are incredibly important!
WATCH THIS EPISODE ON YOUTUBE
FAT DOC 2 IS AVAILABLE ON iTUNES and AMAZON
- Please also share it with family and friends!
- Buy it and watch it now on iTunes to get it to the top of the charts.
PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO REVIEW the film AFTER YOU WATCH!
FAT DOC 1 IS ALSO OUT
- Go watch it now!
- We need people to buy and review for it to stay at the top of iTunes pages.
- Available for both rental and purchase.
- Here is the link to the iTunes page
- Go watch it now!