Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Episode 1851 – On this Friday show, Dr. Bret Scher joins Vinnie to talk learning from your clients, nutritional advice, properly interpreting cholesterol numbers, the sugar and grain industries, lifestyle-based intervention, the Diet Doctor, your body’s use of fat, and more.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
DR. BRET SCHER
- Dr. Scher has been on the show before.
- Like Vinnie, he has a podcast and does consults.
- He is an excellent cardiologist.
- There are methods that will help a majority of people, but you tinker those methods to the individual.
- This is what makes consults so rewarding and keeps Dr. Scher and Vinnie learning.
- Some doctors stick to conventional wisdom; others want to be on the cutting edge.
- Doctors who see it the latter way, like they have to keep learning and improving, are usually the better doctors.
- Like for trainers, doctors receive very little nutritional training.
- Though doctors don’t usually deal with bro science!
INTERPRETING CHOLESTEROL NUMBERS
- In the 70s, we looked at a cholesterol number as a whole.
- This is because we didn’t have the technology.
- Now, if doctors do that, it is a complete cop-out.
- We have so much more information.
- Do NOT feel satisfied by your doctor’s interpretation of the whole number.
- Look at HDL, look at trigs, look at LDL, look at the LDL break down.
- Guidelines are highly oriented to prescribing medication.
- Doctors get paid more money to do things quicker, even if medicine is involved.
- This is why doctors will just prescribe rather than go to lifestyle.
- Try to find a doctor willing to focus on intervention that is lifestyle-based.
- Doctors who avoid extremism are usually the ones to trust.
FAT DOC 2 IS AVAILABLE ON iTUNES and AMAZON
- Please also share it with family and friends!
- Buy it and watch it now on iTunes to get it to the top of the charts.
PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO REVIEW the film AFTER YOU WATCH!
FAT DOC 1 IS ALSO OUT
- Go watch it now!
- We need people to buy and review for it to stay at the top of iTunes pages.
- Available for both rental and purchase.
- Here is the link to the iTunes page
- Go watch it now!