Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Episode 1796 – On this Friday episode, Dr. Frédéric Leroy, food scientist, joins Vinnie to talk social media, the villainization of meat, banning meat, junk food, fake animal-based products, and more.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
DR. FRÉDÉRIC LEROY AND BAD SCIENCE
- His science is in the field of food microbiology and technology.
- He keeps a very clean record because he knows it’s important.
- Many of the misleading statements may be traced back to the same people, institutions, companies.
- Dr. Leroy doesn’t sell books, refuses fees and the like.
- Importantly, in addition to the hard science, Dr. Leroy looks at how meat is villainized and how institutions support this bad science.
- We must examine why institutions are doing this.
THE VILLAINIZATION OF MEAT
- One of the thing he looks at, is how meat is portrayed in the Daily Mail.
- At the beginning of the 20th century, it was about 50/50 positive/negative.
- Now, the “meat is bad” narrative is louder. Whatever is louder tends to be perceived as the truth, even when it’s not.
- Twitter and the like are largely powered by newspapers who push bad science and the like.
- Some journals are going toward less critical, badly funded studies.
- They’re creating, from scratch, research that benefits their viewpoint.
- Algorithms on social media can push these.
- This social media has pushed the narrative so far that some places are banning meat in small ways, but it could be a slippery slope.
FAT DOC 2 IS AVAILABLE ON iTUNES and AMAZON
- Please also share it with family and friends!
- Buy it and watch it now on iTunes to get it to the top of the charts.
PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO REVIEW the film AFTER YOU WATCH!
FAT DOC 1 IS ALSO OUT
- Go watch it now!
- We need people to buy and review for it to stay at the top of iTunes pages.
- Available for both rental and purchase.
- Here is the link to the iTunes page
- Go watch it now!