Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Episode 1571 – This Friday show, Dr. Austin Jeans joins Vinnie Tortorich and the two talk about Coronavirus lockdowns, low-carb athletics, Olympic athletes and fat adaptation, ergogenic distractive science, and more!
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- Dr. Jeans is located in Zimbabwe.
- They are also shut down due to Covid-19.
- He specializes in Sports Medicine and works with many athletes.
- He & Tim Noakes wrote this fantastic book, The Low-Carb Companion.
- Dr. Jeans came up under the tutelage of Tim Noakes.
- Triathlon came to his part of the word in the 1980s.
- He has been a big triathlon competitor since that time.
- Dr. Jeans’ wife was an Olympian!
- He has been involved in the Olympic world in sports medicine for many years.
- As an athlete, fat is the preferred fuel.
- It burns steadily like a log as opposed to sugar which burns out fast.
- So much of Vinnie’s pain post- and during-workouts went away when he went low-carb.
- It can take four weeks to four months to get really trained up low-carb.
- It’s important to take your time to make this switch before you’re competing.
- For Olympic and other professional athletes, Dr. Jeans will find some down time for them to switch them over.
- He has seen optimal performance for many of these athletes.
- Dr. Jeans doesn’t recommend ergogenic substances.
- They’re unnecessary.
- All you really need is good nutrition, good sleep and good training.
- He’s also not a big fan of supplements as a general rule.
- He does see benefits of vitamins like magnesium.
FAT DOC IS OUT
- Go watch it now!
- We need people to buy and review for it to stay at the top of iTunes pages.
- Please also share it with family and friends!
- Available for both rental and purchase.
- Here is the link to the iTunes page
- If you don’t have iTunes, find it at Vimeo here!
- You can also buy hardcopy or watch online at Amazon.
- YOU CAN NOW STREAM FOR FREE ON AMAZON PRIME IF YOU HAVE IT!