Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Episode 520 – Type 1 Diabetes: Katie Coleman joins Vinnie Tortorich on this Saturday episode of the Angriest Trainer podcast in which they discuss diabetes.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- Katie is from the Bay Area (northern California, south of the bay)
- Has type 1 diabetes
- Rarer, autoimmune form
- Had it since she was 11 years old
- Has to take insulin because her body makes no insulin, but she eats a low carb, paleo diet
- Has a food business
- At first had a whole-grain bakery, but now she doesn’t eat grain
- Started realizing that grain is bad for your blood sugar etc.
- Katie’s Podcast: http://diabetesunscripted.com/
- Katie’s Online Grain-Free Bakery: http://www.keepitrealfoodcompany.com/
TYPE 1 DIABETES
- Type 1 can be genetic
- Protect micro biome and eat right
- Type 2 is (most usually) self inflicted
- Often times reversible
- There is genetic predisposition