Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Dr. Richard Jacoby joins Vinnie Tortorich on this week’s Saturday Angriest Trainer podcast. Dr. Jacoby and Vinnie discuss sugar damage to one’s nerves, and how sugar may lead to the demise of the human race.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- Author of Sugar Crush
- talks about how sugar destroys your nerves
- Worked with medical doctor and biochemist who worked with Watson and Crick
- Jacoby gained an interest in genetics and amino acids
- He works with nerves and diabetics and other doctors
- Inspired by Gary Taubes and the effect of fat
WHAT DOES SUGAR DO?
- High fructose corn syrup inflames the nerve
- Nerve’s serovital gets broken down by sugar, and the nerve absorbs water and swells
- These nerves swell and are compressed, causes pinched nerves and things like carpal tunnel
- More and more surgery now that people eat more sugar
- Stevia makes you want more sugar
- Fruits is a seasonal item — ancients ate in spring to gain some fat
MEAT & EVOLUTION
- Evolution allowed us to cook meat and break it down
- Our ancestors, apes, walked on all fours to allow for longer intestines to break down all the leaves and such
- Fire made our elementary canal shorter (formed waste, bipedals, etc)
- Exercise as a poor way to lose weight
- Athletes have swollen calves and chubby stomachs because of all of that sugar they eat
- Difference in kids with or without autism was the spacing of a nerve, developed between day 22 and day 24 of conception
- Increase in Autism is likely due to the nerve compression of that one nerve, resulting from too much sugar intake in the embryo’s body
- Pre conception !
- Parents had too much sugar before conception
- Pre conception !
- Autistic kids have to use other parts of their brains
- Mom with breast cancer, child with autism, grandparent with Alzheimer’s
- We will break under the weight of our own weight
- Sugar will kill us
- We are cutting our military to put money into healthcare
- Healthcare is not about health
- This is a pandemic
- Starbucks makes their coffee bitter so people will want to put sugar in it
- Sugar prices you can mark up even though it is cheap
- People don’t go to Starbucks for the plain coffee
- It is places like Starbucks that are contributing to the epidemic