Welcome to our Saturday show where Vinnie goes one-on-one with a listener and answers their questions on air. Today’s guest listener is Phoenix Lam and she has been NSNG for over a year.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR
PHOENIX SHARES WHAT A DAY OF NSNG LOOKS LIKE
- Breakfast can be eggs, bacon or sausage or maybe chia seed pudding with nuts and seeds
- Morning snack at work can be fruit and greek yogurt or some meat and cheese
- Lunch will be a meat and veggie and sometimes rice on the side
- If she has an afternoon snack, almond butter with an apple
- Dinner will be protein with veggies
IS IT EFFECTIVE TO WORK OUT BEFORE YOU EAT?
- There’s no reason to work out without eating
- Cyclists sometimes do it before a race to lose weight
- More effective to eat and get your metabolism moving
- Exercise is a poor way to lose weight…you are going to have to replace calories you burned
WHEN YOUR ARE INTERVAL/ANAEROBIC EXERCISING, CAN YOU EAT MORE CARBS?
- It is also ok to up your carbs especially if you are training for an event
- Get the carbs from veggies first, then fruit
- Ok to have a carb like a potato…but keep track. If you start craving sugar…pull back