Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Today is second in our Saturday edition of one-on-one with listener questions. Today’s listener is Mark Thomson from New Zealand and he has a question about improving his running time…
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
MARK’S QUESTION ABOUT RUNNING
- He has been a long-distance runner for 20-30 years and wants to get faster…less than 20 mins for a 5K
- If you go out to fast, you get exhausted and if you don’t go out fast enough you won’t have a good time
- What can he do to build up power to be able to improve his time by 30 seconds?
- Is weight training effective?
- Varying speeds, for example go from zone 2 to a spring…interval training…is very effective
- Good to gym exercise…lunge and squats will add power to your legs
- But to go faster, find a program like Joe Friel’s 5K training routine
- Gotta run hard and stay relaxed