Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
: Episode 2003 – On this special Sunday episode, we play a best-of featuring Dr. Jeffry Gerber. Dr. Gerber joins Vinnie to talk about the triglyceride to HDL ratio, insulin resistance, good medical studies, Dr. Gerber’s book with Ivor Cummins, Eat Rich Live Long, and more!
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
DR. JEFFRY GERBER
- Dr. Gerber has appeared on this show before!
- Check out his website here.
- He is friends and colleagues with another one of Vinnie’s favorites, Ivor Cummins.
- Dr. Gerber’s been at this now for 28 years.
- For the first 10 years, he was clueless about diet and the like, but since, he’s educated himself and is now a leading expert in nutrition and diet and the like.
DOCTORS AND HEALING
- Doctors are using medications to stop fires.
- For many doctors, it’s hard to realize just giving medication is not the right course of action. It must be more holistic.
- Dr. Gerber struggled with weight issues, and tried dietary modifications.
- He saw LCHF worked for a patient, then did his studies and homework.
- Once he tried it for himself and had success, he expanded it for his patients.
- Non-doctors were the ones who ID’d sat fats creating cholesterol as the problem.
- A relatively new paper in Lancet challenges Ancel Keys’s 7 Country Study. This is the real science.
- People trust their doctors — but sometimes, people need to be more investigative, and not just accept one answer — listen to many experts, like Dr. Gerber!
- .HDL and triglyceride ratio is a marker for insulin
- This will go down if you eat LCHF most of the time because your metabolic issues will lessen.
- LDL not the problem, your ratio is a bigger issue.
- The ratio also demonstrates your insulin resistance which is the indicator of risk for bad health including cardiac health.
PRE-ORDER BEYOND IMPOSSIBLE
- Vinnie’s new documentary is now available for pre-order on Apple TV (iTunes).
- This is his third documentary in just over three years.
- It will be available on January 11th.
- Here is the link to the pre-order: http://bit.ly/beyondimpossibleitunes
- Share this link with friends, too!
- Gina loves the film. She says “it’s so Vinnie!”
FAT DOC 2 IS AVAILABLE ON iTUNES and AMAZON
- Please also share it with family and friends!
- Buy it and watch it now on iTunes to get it to the top of the charts.
- We need it to get big for people to see it.
- Here’s the Amazon link (BLUERAY, DVD, PRIME) (MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE YET ACROSS THE POND).
- And the iTunes Link.
- And the Google play link.
PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO REVIEW the film AFTER YOU WATCH!
FAT DOC 1 IS ALSO OUT
- Go watch it now!
- We need people to buy and review for it to stay at the top of iTunes pages.
- Available for both rental and purchase.
- Here is the link to the iTunes page
- If you don’t have iTunes, find it at Vimeo here!
- You can also buy hardcopy or watch online at Amazon.
- YOU CAN NOW STREAM FOR FREE ON AMAZON PRIME IF YOU HAVE IT!
- Go watch it now!