Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
: Episode 1957 – BEST OF: On this Saturday show, we feature the esteemed Nina Teicholz’s third appearance on the podcast from August, 2018. Nina joins Vinnie to talk her participation in the Fat Doc, the “come-from-behind” story, lies about saturated fat, and more.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- Nina is one of Vinnie’s favorite people
- She is a top luminary in the field.
- Vinnie likes to say the male version of her is Gary Taubes.
- She’s been interviewed for the Fat Doc.
- Nina kindly took time off of her family vacation to shoot her part in Vinnie’s living room.
- Check out the Fat Doc 3 when Vinnie’s done with it, too!
- Nina’s an accomplished author.
LIES ABOUT SATURATED FAT
- Nina wrote a book on this – check it out here.
- Since the 1960s, people have been following the advice not to eat sat fats.
- In the last 50 years, scientists have looked at this data.
- There have been tons of meta analyses that show that even this data is BS.
- Not linked to your risk of heart disease or heart attack.
- Yes, they may raise LDL but that’s not inherently bad.
- Many Harvard studies funded by vegetable oil industry –> biased.
- Coconut oil is NOT BAD for you.
- In fact, it is good!
- Entered US market in the 50s.
- Soybean and other vegetable oil corporations were angry about this.
- A stunt to keep out foreign competition.
- Case to be made that the sat fat lies are due to a trade war.
- Good to use in manufacturing and don’t cause inflammation like many others do!
- It’s awful because this trade war has made so many unhealthy.
- Many who have decided these are bad for you find they can’t go back on it because of the psychology of going against your life’s work.
- Effort to shore Ancel Keys’ work up in an effort to make themselves feel better.
- Studies also use too small a sample size for those who are low carb.
- If people are still fat after 60 years of following these dietary guidelines, maybe it’s the guidelines that are the problem.
FAT DOC 2 IS AVAILABLE ON iTUNES and AMAZON
- Please also share it with family and friends!
- Buy it and watch it now on iTunes to get it to the top of the charts.
- We need it to get big for people to see it.
- Here’s the Amazon link (BLUERAY, DVD, PRIME) (MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE YET ACROSS THE POND).
- And the iTunes Link.
- And the Google play link.
PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO REVIEW the film AFTER YOU WATCH!
FAT DOC 1 IS ALSO OUT
- Go watch it now!
- We need people to buy and review for it to stay at the top of iTunes pages.
- Available for both rental and purchase.
- Here is the link to the iTunes page
- If you don’t have iTunes, find it at Vimeo here!
- You can also buy hardcopy or watch online at Amazon.
- YOU CAN NOW STREAM FOR FREE ON AMAZON PRIME IF YOU HAVE IT!
- Go watch it now!