Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
: Episode 883 – Author and nutritionist Amy Berger, MS, CNS, NTP joins Vinnie to talk about her new book The Alzheimer’s Antidote which describes dietary ketosis as a treatment for Alzheimer’s. She and Vinnie also discuss how sometimes people eat too much fat…
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- Amy is an amazing luminary
- A very good writer
- Get serious about your health!
- Big proponent of: You can’t make things other people’s problems, do what you have to do
- “Tuit” – Get To It
- Amy was in the Air Force
- Integrity is doing what you’re supposed to, even when nobody is looking
- Reviews books, writes blog posts, her website is SUPER informational
- She shares a lot of info from other luminaries in the LCHF field as well
- Amy offers 30, 60 and 90 minute phone calls so that you can pick her brain
- Check out this great service!
- Amy has noticed, that for many, you cannot eat UNLIMITED fat even if you are eating low carb
- For example, you don’t need to put butter on top of your steak
- Same with coffee, you don’t need bulletproof coffee or coffee with a ton of cream if you’re already eating bacon and eggs
- Make small adjustments
- Fasting can be beneficial but only in the right circumstance
AMY’S NEW BOOK
- This book, linked above, focuses on Alzheimer’s
- To some extent, this is likely a metabolic issue
- “Type 3 Diabetes”, “Diabetes of the Brain”
- Energy crisis in the brain is the oversimplification
- Amy presents a multi-pronged nutrition and lifestyle intervention that may help those with Alzheimer’s to slow, improve, or even potentially reverse the disease
- A ketogenic/LCHF diet can be a huge key to helping the brain get that energy that it so requires
- Get KETONE levels up!
- Your brain can run on ketones (check out our recent Ketone podcast)
- If we started to measure insulin (even if blood glucose is normal), we could likely detect Alzheimer’s much farther in advance
- No matter how far gone you are, there WILL be some improvement if you stop doing things that are bad for you