Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
: Episode 601 – Melissa Mackey joins Vinnie Tortorich to ask about working out post-injury as she suffered an injury from riding her back and wants to get back in the saddle, literally.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR
- Big fan of the show, active on the FB page
- From Michigan
WORKING OUT POST-INJURY
- Melissa bruised her tailbone riding a bike
- Pressure should not be that far back on a bike
- Because she does not really have a butt, she had no ‘padding’.
- Vinnie thinks she likely had a microscopic tear, causing her hips to also hurt
- She then threw out her back because her hips and tailbone were hurting her
- She hadn’t been riding
- Vinnie thinks she should start by going to the gym and getting on a spinner for very short periods of time
- She should do compound exercises anaerobically also
- Light lunges on each leg
- Light stretching on that area
- 90º at her knees, leg press with light weight
- She needs to start working those muscles before she dives back in as to not cause the injury to resurface