Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
: Episode 588 – Documentary Director and health science video-blogger Max Lugavere joins Vinnie to talk about grains and memory loss. Max earned his degree in film & psychology, and also has great knowledge in the field of the effects different foods can have on one’s mind due to a turn of events he experienced in his own family.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- Check out his website here
- Musician, scientist, and more!
- His mom had cognitive deterioration and so he started looking into effects of diet on that
- She was prescribed drugs that even doctors admit do very little
- Has always had a large focus on health
GRAINS AND MEMORY LOSS
- In Lugavere’s research, he found that grains actually increased memory loss
- Eating lots of grains is especially bad for those with pre-existing memory loss conditions & brain injury
- Overall, to avoid cognitive decline, eating green leafy vegetables is GREAT for your brain
- Grains and processed sugars are bad
- Check out his Bread Head
- He found that memory loss happens decades before it shows up — and not eating grains when one is young can really help in the long run
- The inflammation that eating grains causes is very bad for the brain
- The brain is not an organ where you feel pain due to inflammation
- You don’t realize how much it is being damaged
- Immune cells can cross into the brain
- Your body will burn what you give it
- Good to give your body ketones to burn
- Very efficient source to the brain