Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Episode 2071 – It is with heavy hearts we share that Dr. Hallberg recently passed away after a valiant battle with cancer. On this Best Of, we celebrate the life of Dr. Sarah Hallberg and play her appearance on the podcast in 2018. On this show, she and Vinnie discuss the Aspen Institute, LCHF health, reversing type 2 diabetes, and more.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
REMEMBERING DR. SARAH HALLBERG
- Sarah was a wonderful doctor.
- She was a medical director at Virta Health.
- Also director and founder of program at IU: “Arnett Health Medical Weight Loss Program.”
- Check out Sarah’s awesome Ted Talk here:
- Sarah was been chosen to be a Aspen Institute Health Innovator Fellow
- Leaders worldwide, in all different fields.
- She remains among some amazing company.
- 19 of the most innovative and fantastic people in health care.
- She is the only in low-carb.
- Specialized in Type 2 Diabetes.
- She and Nina also worked together.
- Sarah also published amazing research papers.
- She studied of hundreds of patients.
- LCHF = Low Carb High Fat.
- More and more studies show that fat and heart disease are not directly correlated.
- Sarah’s own research (and her study of others’ research) has shown that people on LCHF diets have better cardiac and metabolic health.
- LCHF can also save folks money by getting them off various medications.
- Sarah and her family were also LCHF.
- There is so much misrepresentation out there about how we should eat.
- LCHF is a growing community.
- In Sarah’s study, they looked at people on insulin.
- 94% of her patients who went LCHF had decreases in insulin they took.
- Each person in the study got their own health coach.
- Can make the difference to have that support and encouragement.
- Sarah could make safe medication adjustments this way as well.
- New paper shows results after a year of strict LCHF for type 2 diabetes patients.
- The results have been absolutely amazing.