Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Episode 1911 – On this Friday show, Dr. Phil Maffetone joins Vinnie Tortorich to discuss his book, The Big Book of Endurance Training and Racing, Zone 2 and training slow, “odd” jobs, Mark Allen, and more.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- Vinnie and Dr. Maffetone have both largely blazed their own paths.
- They don’t have some ‘job title,’ or anything like a 9-5.
- The whole concept doesn’t appeal to Dr. Maffetone.
- He worked in a clinic for some time, worked with athletes, corporate clients, and more.
- But now, he marches to the beat of his own drum even more.
- He can’t really explain his job.
- Similarly, neither Vinnie nor Dr. Maffetone know what they would do if they were ever to retire.
- Our brains can always keep going and growing.
- We’re thirsty for knowledge and learning, and we should all strive to stay engaged one way or another.
ENDURANCE TRAINING AND RUNNING
- Dr. Maffetone has been on the show before.
- Angriest Trainer 326: One-on-One Phil Maffetone
- He is the man who came up with the easy Zone 2 math.
- He’s an expert on Zone 2 exercise!
- You can check out his website, linked above, for training and the like.
- Vinnie LOVES and would highly recommend his book.
- It’s essentially a basic training bible.
- Dr. Maffetone has had these concepts since the 1970s and essentially worked with a lot of athletes as experimental subjects.
- He looked at food, stress, and exercise.
- Think of this: train slow!!!
- Going at your own pace is the most important thing.
WATCH THIS EPISODE ON YOUTUBE
FAT DOC 2 IS AVAILABLE ON iTUNES and AMAZON
- Please also share it with family and friends!
- Buy it and watch it now on iTunes to get it to the top of the charts.
PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO REVIEW the film AFTER YOU WATCH!
FAT DOC 1 IS ALSO OUT
- Go watch it now!
- We need people to buy and review for it to stay at the top of iTunes pages.
- Available for both rental and purchase.
- Here is the link to the iTunes page
- Go watch it now!