Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Episode 1621 – James Nestor joins Vinnie on this Friday show, and the two talk the science of breath, helpful breathing exercises, science and adventure journalism, zone 2 training, and more!
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- James is a journalist and columnist.
- He has written several books, as well.
- Check out his newest book here:
- He also has a science and adventure book called DEEP.
- He has traveled all over the world to speak with leaders in this field.
- This is how he learned how bad mouth breathing can be.
THE SCIENCE OF BREATH
- Lower and slower is the key to breathing science.
- If you’re gasping for air, you’re not maximizing your breath.
- We do need to learn how to breathe correctly.
- It starts with paying attention to how you breathe.
- Taking about 5 seconds to inhale can be really good for you, physiologically.
- Exhaling for 5 seconds is also very healing.
- You get more blood flow, better circulation, and more.
- Just because you are super fit does not know you know how to breathe perfectly.
- Constant mouth breathing is related to certain conditions.
- Eating chewy foods and the like is actually good for you.
- It can take you months to acclimate to nasal breathing, but it will make you a better athlete.
FAT DOC IS OUT
- Go watch it now!
- We need people to buy and review for it to stay at the top of iTunes pages.
- Please also share it with family and friends!
- Available for both rental and purchase.
- Here is the link to the iTunes page
- If you don’t have iTunes, find it at Vimeo here!
- You can also buy hardcopy or watch online at Amazon.
- YOU CAN NOW STREAM FOR FREE ON AMAZON PRIME IF YOU HAVE IT!