Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Episode 1618 – On this Sunday show, we’re giving you a best of featuring Dr. Georgia Ede. She and Vinnie talk biases, variables, epidemiological studies, the relationship between good nutrition and brain health, artificial sweeteners and more.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
DR GEORGIA EDE
- She went to medical school in Vermont.
- Dr. Ede her residency at Harvard for four years.
- Dr. Ede believes that for many, it is easier to believe that saturated fat is what causes fat.
- Not always financial bias.
- Ex: Loma Linda University study (promotes vegetarian diet) found that saturated fats hurt mice (they ignored that also in the higher fat diet was a MUCH greater amount of sugar).
- Other studies that say meat is bad removed all processed foods at the same time.
- There are no pure studies that say animal foods are bad for your health.
- She believes removing the processed foods is where the money is at .
- Now, Dr. Georgia does not eat plant foods or dairy.
- Fish and other meats.
- Pretty extreme diet.
- In ketosis constantly.
NUTRITION AND BRAIN HEALTH
- Insulin has to cross into the brain.
- Your brain can become insulin resistant.
- Then your cells will starve to death when your brain is filled with glucose that can’t be broken down.
- Link between sugar consumption and Alzheimer’s.
- She agrees that these artificial sweeteners are so similar to sugar that your body can’t really tell the difference.
- They trick the body into thinking carbs are coming, thereby raising insulin levels.
- Coffee, Dr. Ede believes, can be very helpful for those with head trauma, ADD, ADHD, etc.
- Stimulant is good!
- Maybe this is why Vinnie does so well with coffee.
FAT DOC IS OUT
- Go watch it now!
- We need people to buy and review for it to stay at the top of iTunes pages.
- Please also share it with family and friends!
- Available for both rental and purchase.
- Here is the link to the iTunes page
- If you don’t have iTunes, find it at Vimeo here!
- You can also buy hardcopy or watch online at Amazon.
- YOU CAN NOW STREAM FOR FREE ON AMAZON PRIME IF YOU HAVE IT!