Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Episode 1618 – On this Sunday show, we’re giving you a best of featuring Dr. Georgia Ede. She and Vinnie talk biases, variables, epidemiological studies, the relationship between good nutrition and brain health, artificial sweeteners and more.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- She went to medical school in Vermont.
- Dr. Ede her residency at Harvard for four years.
- Dr. Ede believes that for many, it is easier to believe that saturated fat is what causes fat.
- Not always financial bias.
- Ex: Loma Linda University study (promotes vegetarian diet) found that saturated fats hurt mice (they ignored that also in the higher fat diet was a MUCH greater amount of sugar).
- Other studies that say meat is bad removed all processed foods at the same time.
- There are no pure studies that say animal foods are bad for your health.
- She believes removing the processed foods is where the money is at .
- Now, Dr. Georgia does not eat plant foods or dairy.
- Fish and other meats.
- Pretty extreme diet.
- In ketosis constantly.
NUTRITION AND BRAIN HEALTH
- Insulin has to cross into the brain.
- Your brain can become insulin resistant.
- Then your cells will starve to death when your brain is filled with glucose that can’t be broken down.
- Link between sugar consumption and Alzheimer’s.
- She agrees that these artificial sweeteners are so similar to sugar that your body can’t really tell the difference.
- They trick the body into thinking carbs are coming, thereby raising insulin levels.
- Coffee, Dr. Ede believes, can be very helpful for those with head trauma, ADD, ADHD, etc.
- Stimulant is good!
- Maybe this is why Vinnie does so well with coffee.
FAT DOC IS OUT
- Go watch it now!
- We need people to buy and review for it to stay at the top of iTunes pages.
- Please also share it with family and friends!
- Available for both rental and purchase.
- Here is the link to the iTunes page
- If you don’t have iTunes, find it at Vimeo here!
- You can also buy hardcopy or watch online at Amazon.
- YOU CAN NOW STREAM FOR FREE ON AMAZON PRIME IF YOU HAVE IT!