Episode 1443 – On this Best Of show, software engineer, entrepreneur and cholesterol blogger Dave Feldman joins Vinnie to discuss his efforts to reverse-engineer the mystery of cholesterol, how to crack the cholesterol code, and learn how to manipulate LDL scores with food. We’ll be back with new episodes soon! Because of Vinnie’s move, we’ve had to run a few more of these than usual.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- Vinnie found Dave Feldman via a low-carb conference in Breckenridge
- Other luminaries like Fettke and Gerber attend
- Dave has a super interesting background in software engineering and entrepreneurship
- In fact, similarities to Ivor Cummins
- Ivor also not from sciencey science background but a cholesterol expert
- Dave comes largely from self-experimentation
- Though now his fans contribute data, too
- Also there is an enormous amount of belief on studies that are not double-blind, random, or controlled
- The science believed by many is not even good science
- Dave is trying to change this
- So, with his computer science background, he tries to reverse-engineer cholesterol
- Gaining a better understanding this way
- Dave is athletic, but had “bad” LDL numbers
- Realized many athletes have worse LDL numbers… wanted to figure out why
- Thus he decided to look into what cholesterol is and how the lipid system works
- More than anything else, lipid system is an energy distribution system
- Low-density Lipoproteins (LDL) meant to distribute fat based energy
- Cholesterol rideshares with this fat
- Figures out ways to artificially lower cholesterol
- Please check this video explaining some basic stuff about cholesterol
- There are four parts to check out
- Dave learns more each day
- Interesting fact: President of AHA recently had a heart attack
- Dave gets real sciencey in this podcast in laymen’s terms that people can understand
- The 4-1-1 on the science behind cholesterol
- Check out Dave’s website which is linked in the description above, and here
FAT DOC IS OUT
- Go watch it now!
- We need people to buy and review for it to stay at the top of iTunes pages.
- Please also share it with family and friends!
- Available for both rental and purchase.
- Here is the link to the iTunes page
- If you don’t have iTunes, find it at Vimeo here!
- You can also buy hardcopy or watch online at Amazon.