Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.: Episode 1280 – Andy Schreiber, co-founder of Pure Vitamin Club and Pure Coffee Club, joins Vinnie today, and the two talk Vinnie’s shrimp dinner, PVC’s upcoming children’s vitamins, the Beverly Hillbillies, candy consumption, and more on this Wednesday show.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
VINNIE’S DINNER (1:00)
- He had jumbo shrimp
- Normally he forgets about shrimp as a main dish
- Tends to have chicken or beef or some other fish
- Had about 10oz of meat
- He’s eating like a bachelor when Serena’s away
- Some tarragon and butter – delicious!
- Now he’s thinking lump crab meat, but that’s expensive
CHILDREN’S VITAMINS (9:20, again at 27:30, again at 41:00)
- We are making a unique formula for kids
- Not just cutting our other formula in half
- It will have things in common, but children need different nutritional supplements
- 8 years old is not the hard cut-off, just a ball-park the age from which we recommend people take our current formula
- Need more for bones, etc.
- We are going to fit growing bodies’ needs
- Children’s vitamins normally have sugar – this is not right or necessary daily, we will not do that
- Chewable or gummy vitamins is like throwing candy at their kids – they also do not get that many nutrients
- We looked into making one capsule smaller but we couldn’t fit everything in
- As a result, to make them small enough, we recommend 2 vitamins a day
- Our recommendation will be one in the morning and one in the evening, but both at one time is okay too
- They also will dissolve in water, too
CANDY CONSUMPTION (31:00)
- Vinnie’s parents were teachers so he had some time to himself right after school
- Would go to the 711 after school
- However, he knew candy wasn’t good for him
- His parents told him it would make him sick and rot his teeth
- He would still only get one a week
- Kids, think about self-regulating if you can!
- Vinnie would make candy/snack money by working in his grandpa’s garden
- He would reward him with a quarter or two from time to time