Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.: Episode – Radiation Oncologist Dr. Brendan Prendergast talks being a cancer doctor, the Paleo diet, CrossFit, evil sugars, and more on this Friday show.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
DR. BRENDAN PRENDERGAST
- Dr. Prendergast is a radiation oncologist
- This means he uses radiation for cancer therapy
- “Flips a switch”
- He is an incredibly intelligent man
- Practices in Florida
- Got into Paleo in med school (and crossfit, too!)
- This really shaped his idea of health and fitness
- He and his wife started a blog last year
- Brendan tries to incorporate his idea of healthy living into his work
- He hated that doctors give sick people crap just because they’re told it’s right!
- Often, the opposite diet is the right one
- Giving diabetics low-fat jello is not helping anyone
- Sugar just fuels cancer – this is easy to see!
- There is quite possibly a correlation between increased sugar consumption and higher cancer rates