Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
: Episode 838 – Cardiologist Dr. William Davis talks a little about his new book Undoctored and how the profit-motivated healthcare system has resulted in doctors who may not have our best interests in mind when they treat us.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
DR. WILLIAM DAVIS
- Very prominent cardiologist
- Author of one of Vinnie’s favorite books, Wheat Belly
- Part of what helped Vinnie realize that grains are the problem!
- DEFINITELY check him out if you are cutting out grains
- Check out his website here
- New book, Undoctored, discusses how healthcare industry is self-interested
- A true expert in the field
- Money motivates doctors
- Because the sugar industry controls so much, often doctors become pariahs if they speak out against sugar and grain
- Ex: The treatment of Dr. Tim Noakes in South Africa shows how this is so true and sad worldwide
- This leads them to valuing their best interest over ours
- Don’t tell us the truth about nutrition
- A lot of the time, doctors are part of the problem
- Dr. Davis tries to uncover the truths behind that in his new book
- Doctors can make us sicker – we keep coming back to them
- Must break this cycle somehow
- We must look out for ourselves
- Become an “unpatient”