Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Vinnie and Anna discuss an article that recently appeared in the New York Post. It was written by a former contestant of the popular reality show “The Biggest Loser”. She reveals the unhealthy, inhumane, degrading treatment contestants are routinely subjected to and how generally contestants gained back all the weight they lost once they were off the show. Today, Vinnie puts the “angry” into The Angriest Trainer. Stay tuned and listen to Vinnie as he takes on “The Biggest Loser” and reveals the truth…
SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
WHY VINNIE DOESN’T LIKE “THE BIGGEST LOSER”
- The show seeks people that are so desperate, they will do anything to lose weight
- They are put through brutal workouts and starvation diets
- Contestants are screamed at and put in unsafe situations
- They call each other “Losers” and are worked out to the point of vomiting or collapsing
THE SHOW IS A FAT-SHAMING DISASTER…AND PEOPLE LOVE IT
- 7,000,000 people watch each week
- 200,000 people audition each season
- 2/3 of this country is overweight or obese; so there’s always interest in losing weight
- No one cares that this is not a sustainable lifestyle
WHAT THE CONTESTANTS ARE PUT THROUGH
- They are taken to the Gillette Ranch in Calabasas where they are locked in their rooms and their cell phones and computers are taken for 24 hours.
- Many contestants believe they were bugged.
- Their first workout is 4 hours long and they were subjected to workouts that lasted from 5-8 hours without a break
- Calories were restricted to less than 1,000 per day and all food had to be approved by a trainer
VINNIE CHALLENGES JILLIAN MICHAELS
- In 2014, Jillian quits the show saying she was deeply concerned about the show’s poor care of the contestants.
- Vinnie goes on a rant…”Now she’s concerned? Why wasn’t she concerned 16 seasons ago? No…she had to wait until she became more famous than the show!”
- Vinnie challenges her to come on the show…We will keep you posted