: Episode 769 – Amazing ultra athlete Ken Posner joins Vinnie Tortorich this Friday to talk about Vinnie, Serena, and Ken’s Ultra Story.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- Has a background in Finance and spent some time in the Army
- When he turned 40, he decided he wanted to ultra run
- Ken was fascinated by the country side courses because he loves the beautiful outdoors!
- The google pictures made him want to go run
- Running was his stress and mental health management technique because Finance is such a hard business
- Ken was fascinated by how far the human body could take someone
- When he decided he wanted to ultra run, he already had three marathons under his belt
VINNIE AND SERENA
- When Vinnie and Serena started dating, Vinnie was training for Ultras
- Race across Oregon, 545 miles
- Serena had just started running
- She was a nerd in high school, not a jock
- Now Serena is an amazing athlete, running 100Ks and the like!
- Ken Posner knew very little about the Ultra world when coming into it
- He had to train himself to be strong enough both physically and mentally
- Mental is possibly the harder part
- Ken wanted to push himself and discover what he could really do
- At age 50, Ken was astounded to find that he could run 100 miles!
- Check out his book about running 350 miles and setting a record here!
- He goes light when doing this crazy long runs
- Can’t run with too much on you – only the bare essentials
- Lean-to’s most nights
- Ken has run Badwater before
- 135 miles
NOTE: Photography by Laura Casner Photography