Episode 1625 – On this “Best Of” episode from May 2019, Dr. Eric Westman, internal medicine doctor and keto expert, joins Vinnie to discuss how he learned of the benefits of a low carb high fat diet, Dr. Atkins, beating bad science ,the history of veganism, science deniers, and more in this fascinating one on one.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
BEATING BAD SCIENCE WITH DR. ERIC WESTMAN
- Dr. Westman is an incredible internal medicine doctor.
- He has been on the podcast before — check it out here
- and here
- Currently works at Duke.
- He is a huge part of the Fat Doc.
- Wrote this great book:
- Dr. Westman is very vocal in the low carb health world.
- Took him seeing low carb benefit his own patients that really led him in this way despite his classes teaching him CICO and SAD.
- Would visit Dr. Atkins, learned a lot from him.
- Now, Dr. Westman pays this forward and invites other doctors/scientists to come learn from him.
- Notes there’s a lot of pushback that is unwarranted.
- Bad science promoted by things like religion.
- Learned a lot about this from the Fettke’s as well.
- Veganism has not been around for long.
- Came from one woman’s premonition.
- We are having a free, online summit this month, on July 25th and 26th.
- Eric Westman will be one of many luminaries in attendance.
- The summit will be live, and you can attend as much or as little as you’d like.
- For more info and to RSVP for free, please visit nsngsummit.com.
FAT DOC IS OUT
- Go watch it now!
- We need people to buy and review for it to stay at the top of iTunes pages.
- Please also share it with family and friends!
- Available for both rental and purchase.
- Here is the link to the iTunes page
- If you don’t have iTunes, find it at Vimeo here!
- You can also buy hardcopy or watch online at Amazon.
- YOU CAN NOW STREAM FOR FREE ON AMAZON PRIME IF YOU HAVE IT!