Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.: Episode 1334 – Anna Vocino joins Vinnie this Monday and the two talk Santa Claus, discipline while growing up, filming cooking videos, his recent podcasting experience with Adam Carolla, Vinnie’s recent food screw up, the food industry, on and off NSNG®, and more.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
FILMING COOKING VIDEOS
- Anna has been recently filming cooking videos
- She’s been trying to launch them
- 2-3 minute videos with one recipe from beginning to end
- Anna hasn’t done these because it requires multiple cameras, lights and quite a good amount of editing
- She has found a great DP
- Now, Anna is looking to film a book trailer
- Apparently, these can be very successful
- For Eat Happy, Too
- Shot 5 recipes in just over 12 hours
- Will be releasing these videos soon!
- A lot of work went into this and a lot left to do!
- There’s no way everything in each take of making a recipe will go perfectly
- Just like cooking in real life
- Anna made mistakes when filming the videos!!
- Don’t be fooled by how airbrushed cooking shows are
- The “here’s one I prepared earlier!” trope
- Keep an eye out for these videos and for her new cookbook
- Anna is trying to find the balance between airbrushed and real in her videos
- Doesn’t want videos to come out with unrealistic final products
- This was a good experience for Anna to go through to experience what her voice is, etc.
- Anna has spoken with some of her friends in the food show industry
- Even these food competitions, they know some of the challenges ahead of time
- So much of all of these shows are faked
- Important to remember this
- Going to restaurants and sitting near the cooking station is so great
ON AND OFF NSNG®
- A lot of people don’t go full in
- Either they’ll only be 80% in, or they’ll be NSNG® for a short amount of time, then non-NSNG®, etc
- Usually people can still have some success doing this
- You don’t need to be in dietary ketosis to do this
- However, going on and off of NSNG® can be tough on your body to get fat adapted/repair itself metabolically, then be subject to metabolic damage by eating more carbs, and do that all over again