: Episode 951 – Dr Jeffry Gerber joins Vinnie to talk about the triglyceride to HDL ratio being an indicator of insulin resistance as well as discuss some of the pre-existing medical studies that debunk the notion that LDL cholesterol is a primary indicator of heart disease or a predictor of a cardiac event. They also discuss Dr Gerber’s upcoming book with Ivor Cummins, Eat Rich Live Long.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
DR JEFFRY GERBER
- Dr. Gerber has appeared on this show before!
- Check out his website here.
- Friends and colleagues with another one of Vinnie’s favorites, Ivor Cummins
- Been at this now for 28 years
- First 10 years, he was clueless
DOCTORS AND HEALING
- Doctors are using to stopping fires
- Saving lives
- Hard to realize just giving medication is not the right course of action
- Dr. Gerber struggled with weight issues, and tried dietary modifications
- He saw LCHF worked for a patient
- Then did his studies and homework
- Expanded it to his patients
- Non-doctors were the ones who ID’d sat fats creating cholesterol as the problem
- New paper in Lancet challenges Ancel Keys’s 7 Country Study
- People trust their doctors — need to be more investigative, don’t just accept one answer
- HDL and triglyceride ratio is a marker for insulin
- This will go down if you eat LCHF most of the time because your metabolic issues will lessen
- LDL not the problem, your ratio is a bigger issue
- Ratio also demonstrates your insulin resistance which is the indicator of risk for bad health including cardiac health