Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
: Episode 582 – Dr. Cate Shanahan (http://drcate.com/) joins Vinnie and Anna to talk about nutrition, fat loss and hunger control. She also explains the truth about good fats and bad fats. Dr. Cate is a board certified Family Physician and is a nutritional consultant for the LA Lakers. Anna and Vinnie also answer questions from Twitter (@VinnieTortorich and @AnnaVocino) about stevia, ketchup and more.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
PEANUT BUTTER AND QUINOA
- Fuck Quinoa
- Peanut butter is not the best butter
- Cashew and Almond are better
- Peanut is a little higher in carbs
- Nut butters are carby, but they’re good in moderation!
DIET SOFT DRINKS
- Diet soft drinks with chemicals are treated by your body just like sugar
- Artificial sugar is just as bad as real sugar
- La Croix is okay
- What is better is (soda) water with some lemon or lime, or even muddle berries or a splash of grapefruit juice
- Anna will put up a ketchup recipe
- Check out her websites and her recipes!
- Make sure you dry out cauliflower before you roll it with other stuff
- (Also check out Anna on Steven and Paul’s podcast)
- An avocado with some olive oil
- Veggie puree soup with chicken stock
- Good to slow cook your own chicken to get your own broth… yummy!
- Maybe a little bit of cheese, has a hard boiled egg now and again (on a plane)
- Plane food generally quite bad
DR. CATE SHANAHAN
- A real, quality doctor!
- Here’s her website
- Helps those with metabolic syndrome to get their metabolism up and running better
- Cate believes low carb diets are very beneficial
- Try to avoid empty calories, but don’t worry about calorie counting
- Avoid rapid carb drop off if you have thyroid problems, etc.
- Believes in IM fasting in moderation IF AND ONLY IF it works for you
- It can allow you to miss lunch if you are eating the right stuff, but even for those in ketosis this does not necesarrily work
- Eat your foods and veggies and proteins and fats in moderation and balance with each other
- Check all your levels including electrolytes, etc. if you are trying to lose a lot of weight
- People are hungry all the time because their metabolisms are damaged by bad diets
- Pituitary inflammation can make you hungry