Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Welcome to Episode 5 of the Wednesday short show with Andy Schreiber. Today Vinnie and Andy discuss how much Vitamin D we really need and what is a healthy amount of weight to lose per week. Listen and learn…
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR
VITAMIN D – WHEN IS IT TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING?
- Vitamin D deficiency is an increasing problem especially among older women
- We just don’t get enough natural sunshine with no sunscreen
- Also people are eating less dairy and drinking less milk which is fortified with Vitamin D
- Because of this deficiency, rickets is on the comeback, osteoporosis, muscle weakness and malnutrition
HOW MUCH VITAMIN D IS HELPFUL AND WHEN IS IT TOXIC
- Most multi-supplements are around 400 iu
- People are taking 10,000 iu per dose which is 25 times the recommended dose
- This can cause other problems like liver damage
- You need to get a blood test to see if you are deficient
HOW MUCH WEIGHT IS IT REASONABLE TO LOSE PER MONTH
- Andy has lost 10 pounds in one month on the “No Life Into Living” challenge
- Vinnie says that 1-2 lbs a week is a healthy rate…so 10 pounds per month is on target
- As you lose weight, the rate will slow down.