Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
: Episode 983 – Professor and Social Worker Dr. Stephen Baldridge Ph.D joins Vinnie to talk about his “homeless shelter diet”, veganism, his work as hospitality coordinator of an emergency housing shelter in Abilene, TX, and the Housing First solution to homelessness.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- A social worker, a professor
- A self-proclaimed research dork
- He and his wife are former-vegans (4 yrs of veganism)
- This appealed to him for awhile because he did need a lifestyle change
- He is also an ultra-athlete
- Did some of those plant-based, now eats meat and is fat-adapted
- Plant-based diets do not work for everyone
- Know what you’re putting in your mouth, and know what it’s doing to you!
- Believes in Housing First solution to homelessness
- Giving someone who lives on the street a home can help everything else fall into place
- A staple in recovery is housing
Please visit the NSNG Book Club for great resources!
Housing First Overview (short video)