Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Thursday’s edition of The Angriest Trainer is usually a one-on-one with Vinnie and a guest. Well, fasten your seatbelts…today we have: no music, no lead-in, no “and now, America’s Angriest Trainer”, no ads and NO GUEST! Zero. Vinnie is alone in front of the mic. Why? Because we lost a podcast. That’s right. We lost it. So while he was running today, Vinnie realized “I can do this podcast myself, with no guest.” Let’s see what happens…
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
- Usually with a guest, we use 2 mics, and amazing Bill Meadows cleans up the audio and combines the two audio files into The Angriest Trainer Podcast…but we lost podcast!
- When Vinnie still lived in Louisiana, he had a fitness show called “Talking Fitness” on WSMB AM in New Orleans. It was just Vinnie on a mic. Just like today.
- His nephew, Mike Tortorich and his co-host, Joey Tortorich have a podcast, Dudes in a Room, Check out episode 096, “Je Suis Charlie” which is a “one-on-none” episode
- Vinnie had been thinking about doing a one-on-none podcast …just like the good ol’ days
- Ultra sports athletes are the most narcissistic people on the planet. Why? Because to do this sport you have to be selfish with your time
- After years of competing, athletes start to connect with charities
- It makes ultra athletes feel better about themselves; their time goes to helping other people
- Vinnie thinks maybe his podcast helps people with advice, FAQ’s and his free newsletter
PODCAST CALLERS AND QUESTIONS
- Olivia – Has famous parents, actor Jack Scalia and Miss Universe, Karen Baldwin. She had 3-4 calls with Vinnie to help her with injury…she’s back in shape and on NSNG
- What should I eat on a daily basis? It’s not about being “carb-a-phobic”, it’s about seeing where grains and sugar sneak into your food so you can avoid glucose spike
- What should I do about cravings? Yes, in the beginning, before you are fat adapted, there will be cravings. Comedian Bobby Kelly said it was easier getting off drugs than grains and sugar. Once you’re on the other side, it gets easy
- What exercise should I do? Stick to one program for a period of time so you feel a sense of accomplishment. Use exercise to get in better shape, not for weight loss
- Sequel to Fitness Confidential
- Dean Lorey and Vinnie are working on it together. Todd Farmer is doing research
- Not so much of a memoir…focused on answering your questions
- Due out middle of 2015
STARTING NEXT WEEK
- New podcast on Wednesday with Vinnie and Andy Schreiber sponsored by Pure Vitamin Club
- 5 minutes answering questions about health and fitness 5 minutes about things (like titanium dioxide) that are in vitamins and shouldn’t be there