Vinnie and Anna discuss a Top 100 Influential People in Fitness List that has come out…and they tear it apart. Vinnie’s contention is that for the most part…it has nothing to do with fitness!!! What is it based on? And after they are done, they settle down to talking about injuries. What they are and how to treat them. Listen and learn…
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
TOP 100 MOST INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE IN FITNESS LIST
- Vinnie wants to know – what was the criteria? Who did the “choosing”?
- #17 is Gwenyth Paltrow….What has she done? and #6 is Tara Stiles…Who?
- Tony Horton is #29…he should be pissed off
- And #23 is Bethanny Frankel…she makes diet vodka!
SO WHERE’S VINNIE?
- He’s not on the list because he didn’t go after it.
- Vinnie didn’t pay a publicist to get him on it
- When Fitness Confidential came out, he hired and fired two publicists
- It wasn’t worth the money
TENDONITIS AND INJURIES
- A tendon connects a muscle to bone. A ligament is like a small cushion to keep bones from rubbing together
- When you pull or strain a muscle, just a few fibers in the muscle have broken apart
- A muscle tear or rip has to be repaired by surgery
ICING AND STRETCHING
- Ice at least 3 times a day for at least 20 minutes
- As cold as possible covering the injured area
- Don’t use foam roller or tennis ball until pain has subsided
- Stretching keeps muscles supple…take time and ease into it