Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Today’s amazing guest is JJ Virgin, celebrity nutritionist, fitness expert and three-time NY Times bestselling author. Her books include: JJ Virgin’s Sugar Impact Diet, The Virgin Diet and The Virgin Diet Cookbook. She is also the best-selling author of Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy as well as a prominent TV and print media personality. You can find JJ at her website, JJVirgin.com.
WHY THEY DID THIS PODCAST OVER AGAIN
- The first interview they wound up bashing TV personalities that didn’t agree with their views on diet and nutrition
- JJ knows how to work the media
- She felt she would rather join them than bash them…you don’t have to convert the converted
- TV is driven by advertising and ratings and you have to walk a fine line between getting your message out and stepping on advertiser’s toes.
FITNESS AND DIET
- JJ and Vinnie have very similar views on diet
- Vinnie follows NSNG
- JJ believes in no dairy, no gluten, no soy, low or no sugar and no GMO
- She is a big proponent of fish oil…like Carlson Salmon Oil Soft Gels 1000
HOW JJ TURNED A TRAGEDY INTO A TURNING POINT
- 2 years ago, on September 10, JJ’s son, Grant, went for a walk at dusk and was hit by a car going 30 mph. It was a hit and run.
- He was rushed to the hospital with a torn aorta, brain bleed and multiple fractures…he was dying
- Got him to UCLA by helicopter and while his physical injuries were fixed, JJ was told that he could stay in a coma
- JJ thought “What if this was the best thing that could happen and a turning point?” And she began talking to him. She held his hand and spoke to him and he lifted his hand. She knew he was still there
WHAT JJ USED TO HELP HEAL GRANT
- Fish Oil 7 Grams along with antioxidants
- No hospital food…brought him a lot of fermented food
- Used aroma therapy, Energy work, 10,000 IU of vitamin D, especially because he was getting no sun in the hospital
- Probiotics because of the massive antibiotics, Vitamin C 4 to 5 months of Progesterone 200 mg
THE MIRACLE TODAY
- Today, 2 years later, Grant is 6’1” and in amazing shape
- You may notice his words can get jumbled
- They worked with Dr. Daniel Amen who works with brain injuries. His website is AmenClinic.com
- Also worked with Dr. Mercola who did a Skype Interview with JJ and Grant