Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Today Vinnie and Anna interview Angie and Trevor who are the creators of the Marathon Training Academy. This podcast is the #1 marathon training podcast on iTunes. Check them out at their website, on iTunes and on Facebook. These training programs are for people who want to do a full or half marathon, work one-on-one with Angie and for beginners.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Angie starts with a questionnaire: your health, fitness, goals and time constraints
- Develop a training plan 2-3 weeks at a time and check in weekly
- Not a cookie-cutter program
- Program includes cross-training and rest days
- Less is better for a new runner
- Does the technical end and editing of Marathon Training Academy
- Has been running for 4 years…Angie created a walk/run program for him
- Trevor starting out hating running…learned to love it
- Has now done 9 marathons
- People can relate to Trevor as a beginner when running seems overwhelming
- Angie read Vinnie’s Book, Fitness Confidential, and had a light-bulb moment
- Started cutting back on sugar and grains and lost sugar cravings
- She lost weight and became fat adapted
- Has shared this with her audience and her children You start to know how food makes you feel
TO NEW RUNNERS WHO WANT TO RUN A MARATHON IN 2015
- Get decent running shoes
- Build a solid running base
- Pick a smart Marathon Training Plan
- To run everyday between today and New Year’s
- Vinnie commits to doing a full year without sugar or grains