Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Today’s guest is John Lee Dumas, the host of the wildly popular daily podcast, Entrepreneur on Fire. With 750 episodes and 10,000,000 downloads, Entreprenuer on Fire was awarded Best Podcast of iTunes 2013. It has been featured in Forbes, Inc and TIme Magazines. Vinnie finds out why John does his podcast 7 days each week and how he created motivation and inspiration where there was none…
How It Began
- At 17, John knew he wanted to serve his country and went to school on a ROTC scholarship
- He spent 13 months in Iraq as Tank Platoon Leader and was in charge of lives
- After this life and death experience, it was hard going back to normal life
- He found himself at a boring job sitting in a cubicle all day…he realized he put himself there and he could get himself out
- He was miserable and was trying to escape this drama
- John knew he had to mobilize, find mentorship and he listened to podcasts that interviewed successful inspiring entrepreneurs.
- He realized that people needed to hear these podcasts everyday so he created Entrepreneur on Fire, 365 potentially life-changing, relationship-building podcasts a year
- These podcasts build connections and create relationships
Fitness and Nutrition
- He started out as a “cardio guy” … on the eliptical for 60 minutes and then weights and he hurt his back
- He switched over to Crossfit because 2 hours on one machine will get you injured
- John is heavy into veggies and meats for all his meals
- Uses frozen bags of veggies as “go to” food
- After establishing himself as a success, has to avoid “weapons of mass distraction”…things that distract him from what works
- Every Wednesday, he does a live free podcast workshop at 12 pm (pacific time) and teaches people how to create, grow and monetize their podcasts.
- That opens the door to Podcaster’s Paradise which offers 200 video tutorials and monthly webinars